Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Introductions

Post subject: Probie Volunteer from Pierce County #17
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 am 

Hey all!
44 yr old probie Volunteer out of South Pierce Fire and Rescue...They don't get much greener than me :mrgreen: but I figure that jumping in feet first and surrounding myself with men and women that I can learn from couldn't hurt. I have made some good connections already, great people who are willing to help me through advice to advance my goal of someday becoming a professional Firefighter.
My background is mainly a construction background consisting of 20 years as a residential framing contractor, superintendent for companies building high end custom homes and mid rise commercial structures and as a restaurant owner for a short time.
I am a divorced father of two...Daughter 17 and Boy 8 who are both excited for their Dad to become a firefighter, especially my boy! My Grandfather was a Lieutenant for the Seattle Fire Department serving as a firefighter from 1937 - 1965. His life and stories revolved around the FD until he passed at 88 and I would love to someday pass the legacy to my son!

Thanks for all your future help!

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Probie Volunteer from Pierce County #17
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm 

Welcome to the FOOLS forum! There's a wealth of information, knowledge and experiences on here that i'm sure all of us would have loved to have access to when we started in the fire service. The price of admission is steep though. Use all the experiences on here for good and leave more shifts than not saying "I gave that one all i had". Again, welcome.

Ryan Cox
Lacey Fire District #3

"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Board index » Introductions